Planned Parenthood WIC staff shall promote breastfeeding as the norm for infant feeding. Exclusive breastfeeding will be encouraged as the ideal nutrition for infants to support optimal growth and development for approximately the first six months of life, unless medically suggested.
Our First 30–Day Policy
- No formula is routinely provided to an infant who is fully or combo breastfed during the first 30 days of life, unless medically indicated
- Follow-up phone calls are made on a weekly basis during the first 30 days
- Moms are scheduled for a one-on-one breastfeeding counseling appointment with a lactation educator to assess baby feeding status
- Incentives provided include:
- Breast pads
- Manual breast pump
- Trained certified lactation educators onsite
- Lactation consultants
- One-on-one personalized breastfeeding education and support
- Individual and group classes for prenatal and breastfeeding moms
- Routine follow-up calls to breastfeeding moms
- Breastfeeding Warm Line
- Electric breast pumps
Breastfeeding Warm Line
Our Breastfeeding Support Line offers answers to all your breastfeeding questions.
Are you looking for:
Options for when you go back to work or school?
What the best methods are?
We can help!
Contact us and we’ll help you with any of your issues and concerns. Call us at 866.482.9573 if you have any questions — WIC is here to help. If we’re unable to answer your call, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you within the next business day. Staff is available in either English or Spanish-language assistance, and we also provide referrals (support groups, lactation consultants, etc.), if necessary.*
*Phone counseling available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Messages are checked daily M – F only.