Class of the Month
Read it Before You Eat It!
Let’s put our thinking caps on and get ready to learn. We have a great new class that just started! It’s called “Read it Before You Eat It!” In this class, we will share some information about the new big changes that are occurring to the nutrition food label. Want to learn more? Call your WIC office to schedule this great class and you just might receive an incentive.
*Please contact our office for more information about attending one of our offered classes.
Welcome To WIC Orientation
Learn everything you need to know about the WIC program including what services WIC has to offer, how to choose WIC foods, what to do at the checkout stand and your rights and responsibilities as a WIC participant.
- A Good Beginning For Mom & Baby
- Pregnant moms will learn how to stay healthy during pregnancy, how to relieve common pregnancy discomforts, and the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Getting To Know Your Baby
- If you’re a first time mom sometimes it can be difficult to know what to expect about newborn sleeping patterns and reasons for crying. In this class parents will learn to respond appropriately to their infant’s needs and recognize hunger cues.
- Understanding Your Baby’s Cues
- Understanding your baby’s cues will help you communicate with them. In this class you will learn how to recognize cues for hunger and fullness, “I want to be near you”, and “I want something to be different”. You will also be able to identify ways to respond to these cues.
- Hold Me, Love Me, Feed Me
- Each baby progresses at their own pace and this can affect when they are ready to start baby foods. We will explain what WIC recommends about feeding babies and why, as well as help you make decisions about feeding your baby.
- Older Infant Feeding
- Infants 9 to 12 months old are transitioning into more of a food based diet. This class highlights being able to identify appropriate foods for your baby’s age, reviews the recommendations for introducing whole milk, and helps you determine which feeding you will substitute a cup for the bottle.
- Breastfeed Me!
- Breastfeeding your baby has many benefits! Learn various breastfeeding positions for successful latch-on and what to expect in the first month of feeding in this great class.
- Breastfeeding After 6 Months
- Adding solid foods to your baby’s breastfeeding schedule can be overwhelming. Let us show you first food suggestions and how to introduce solids for a relaxing and fun experience for you and your baby.
*Receive an incentive for joining our group lesson!
Complete your nutrition education online by completing the steps below:
- Simply go to www.WICHealth.org
- Create an account and set up your profile using your family ID
- Your agency is Planned Parenthood WIC of Orange and San Bernardino Counties
- Your site is Costa Mesa OR Santa Ana OR Stanton
- Choose a lesson from one of the 5 categories in English or Spanish
- Complete the lesson and short survey
- Print or email your certificate of completion